Posted Friday, July 26 at 12:36 AM (3 months ago)
Updated some packages.
Main things with Publ since the last release:
- Internal cleanups to how caching happens
- Stop spuriously-caching a bunch of stuff; in particular login/logout endpoint URLs no longer get cached
- Various cleanups
- Improve the way that built-in templates are managed
- Initial cruddy implementation of an admin authentication dashboard (although this isn’t quite ready for prime time)
The only Authl change is that email identities are now given as a full
mailto: URL; going forward all identity strings will be full URLs. This simplifies the UX for admin dashboards, in particular, and removes some ambiguity.
Posted Monday, May 13 at 11:11 PM (5 months ago)
Oh wow, I finally closed out the Publ 0.4.0 milestone. So, wow, this is a pretty big deal for me.
Changes since 0.3.23:
So that closes out the last three issues before I was ready to consider this usable by a wider audience. Neat.
There’s a lot of stuff I want to do for 1.0 of course, but also more importantly I need to vastly improve the documentation on this site, as well as collect things to make it easier for people to get started with Publ. I would absolutely invite people to make suggestions; have you looked into Publ, and been confused about what exactly to do? Please let me know!
The best ways to do so are to either hop onto my Discord channel or to open issues against the documentation site.
Posted Monday, March 4 at 3:47 PM (7 months ago)
I’ve released Publ v0.3.19, which now finally has a tagging system, which is only one of the oldest issues that was still open.
Here’s a list of what’s been added or changed since 0.3.18:
I want to thank Karina Antonio for implementing image cropping.
Posted Wednesday, February 27 at 9:38 PM (8 months ago)
I’ve just released v0.3.18, with the following changes:
- Add date grouping properties to entry
- Add a
pages property to
- Provide the current
category object to the error handler
- Support linking to non-image/non-entry local files
- Added, then removed, some performance micro-optimizations that only caused problems
More details about the major changes below!
Update: I released a hotfix as 0.3.18.1 because there was a last-minute bug that snuck in while I was trying to silence a new pylint error. Oops.
Posted Saturday, December 15 at 1:08 AM (10 months ago)
v0.3.11 is now released, with the following changes:
- A more complete fix for how to handle image sets and inline images with respect to paragraphs
- Better cleanup for spurious empty paragraphs
- Improved internal entry link handling
Detailed descriptions of the changes are below.
Posted Sunday, May 27 at 5:22 PM (a year ago)
The amount of stuff I’m having to fix in Publ to support beesbuzz.biz is diminishing rapidly! Here’s what’s happened since 0.1.18:
- Improved the Path-Alias redirection logic; now it will do a
301 Permanently Moved for inbound
Path-Aliased requests, and if a
Path-Alias points to an entry with a
Redirect-To it will redirect directly to that URL instead (and it will be a 302, same as the old
- Pagination can now be weekly; you can use
entry.archive(paging='week'), and a
?date= view parameter ending in
_w will provide a weekly view instead.
- Better default formatting for
view.range, and an addition of a
week format parameter there