Posted Saturday, December 28 at 11:57 PM (2 months ago)
I’d been running this website on Heroku’s free tier for a while, but it’s been getting enough traffic that it was getting close to my free runtime limit. So, I’ve moved this over to my own personal server.
However, the site repository is still configured to work with Heroku (as well as being self-hosted), and you can still access the Heroku instance at publ.herokuapp.com to see it in action. They should, for the most part, mirror one another.
Anyway, there will probably be some kinks to iron out in the meantime. But on the plus side, it means this site will finally be accessible via https!
Posted Wednesday, February 20 at 3:42 PM (a year ago)
For those folks who want to import their content from Movable Type over to Publ, I’ve finally gotten around to writing an importer. Currently it only attempts to convert entry content and category metadata, and only using SQLite-formatted database dumps.
README.md for the (incredibly rough) usage instructions.
Eventually I want to try to automatically convert templates from MT’s scripting language to Jinja-Publ templates, although there’s a bunch of stuff that’s going to be difficult to port across and a lot of stuff is just plain not feasible to even try, so don’t expect that to become a major thing any time soon.