Posted Tuesday, February 4 at 5:40 PM (2 weeks ago)
Today I released v0.5.14 of Publ, which has a bunch of improvements:
- Fixed a bug in card retrieval when there’s no summary
- Admin panel works again
- Markdown entry headings now get individual permalinks (the presentation of which can be templated)
- Markdown entry headings can be extracted into an outline to be used for a table of contents
- Lots of performance improvements around ToC and footnote extraction, and template API functions in general
Posted Monday, August 19 at 1:49 AM (6 months ago)
I’ve released Authl v0.2.0. Changes since v0.1.8:
- Added support for Twitter
- Big ol' refactor to support Twitter (see the fuller discussion below the cut!)
- Released to beta!
And changes from v0.1.7 to v0.1.8 (which I didn’t bother to post an announcement about):
- Fixed an incredibly minor security issue in the Mastodon client (the
client_secret was leaking but in the context of Mastodon that couldn’t really be used for anything anyway)
- Centralize/refactor the login token management, allowing for future flexibility in the service stack
- Make callback IDs protocol-stable, which helps with some stricter services (e.g. Twitter)
Posted Monday, July 8 at 11:56 AM (7 months ago)
I’ve released Authl 0.1.1, which adds support for Mastodon authentication. And the Publ test suite now is up-to-date with that as well.
There’s a few things I want to do on Publ before I release a version for use on my own website, the big one being the ability to provide a better login page, and some refactoring around built-in templates now that built-in templates are becoming a thing.
I also really want to redo how I manage the documentation site, because it’s getting kind of untenable at this point.
Anyway, really soon I’ll have properly-private content on my website again, and hopefully this will be enough of a feature for people to actually be interested in Publ!
Posted Thursday, March 7 at 12:05 AM (a year ago)
So, I just released v0.2.0 of Pushl. It was a pretty big change, in that I pretty much rewrote all the networking stuff, and fixed some pretty ridiculous bugs with the caching implementation as well.
The main thing is now it’s using async I/O instead of thread-per-connection, so it’s way more efficient and also times out correctly.
And oh gosh, I had so many tiny but critical errors in the way caching was implemented – no wonder it kept on acting as if there was no cached state. Yeesh.
Anyway, I’ll let this run on my site for a few days and if I like what I see I’ll upgrade it to beta status on PyPI.
Posted Wednesday, February 20 at 3:42 PM (a year ago)
For those folks who want to import their content from Movable Type over to Publ, I’ve finally gotten around to writing an importer. Currently it only attempts to convert entry content and category metadata, and only using SQLite-formatted database dumps.
README.md for the (incredibly rough) usage instructions.
Eventually I want to try to automatically convert templates from MT’s scripting language to Jinja-Publ templates, although there’s a bunch of stuff that’s going to be difficult to port across and a lot of stuff is just plain not feasible to even try, so don’t expect that to become a major thing any time soon.
Posted Thursday, December 20 at 11:14 PM (a year ago)
Are you using webmention.io as your webmention endpoint? Want to get your incoming webmentions displayed on your website?
Well you’re in luck, I wrote a simple-ish script for that. (You’ll probably also want to see the accompanying stylesheet too.) And it doesn’t even require that you use Publ – it should work with any CMS, static or dynamic. The only requirement is that you use either webmention.io or something that has a similar enough retrieval API.
I wrote more about it on my blog, where you can also see it in use. For now, I’m just going to use the sample site repository to manage it (and issues against it).
It’s MIT-licensed, so feel free to use it wherever and however you want and to modify it for your needs. I might improve it down the road but for now it’s mostly just a quick itch-scratching hack that does things the way I want it to.
Posted Saturday, September 29 at 9:00 PM (a year ago)
So, for the last couple of days I’ve been playing with some of the IndieWeb concepts, in particular Webmention. Spurred on by a helpful thread with Kevin Marks, I took some time to actually do a rough implementation of outgoing Webmentions, and also did some of the work to set up the
h-entry microformats on my main site.
As far as I can tell, it works great, but I’m also not going to actually merge this to master or push it to production. Read on to see why!