Posted Thursday, March 7 at 12:05 AM (5 months ago)
So, I just released v0.2.0 of Pushl. It was a pretty big change, in that I pretty much rewrote all the networking stuff, and fixed some pretty ridiculous bugs with the caching implementation as well.
The main thing is now it’s using async I/O instead of thread-per-connection, so it’s way more efficient and also times out correctly.
And oh gosh, I had so many tiny but critical errors in the way caching was implemented – no wonder it kept on acting as if there was no cached state. Yeesh.
Anyway, I’ll let this run on my site for a few days and if I like what I see I’ll upgrade it to beta status on PyPI.
Posted Sunday, March 3 at 4:29 PM (5 months ago)
I finally got my first contribution to Publ, which is really great, but it led to me finally realizing that putting the smoke tests for the software in the main site wasn’t so great. So the tests have been moved into the library itself, so they’re only really visible to people who are actually working on the code for Publ itself.
Eventually I’ll make a “features” section that demonstrates the features of Publ instead, since some of the tests were used (clumsily) for that purpose.
While I’m here, I figured I’d mention that the day job’s website is now running on Publ. Woo.