Posted Sunday, May 13 at 11:14 PM (2 years ago)
Two major updates for v0.1.13:
- Rewrote the pagination logic to actually work across category-recursive views, and to support pagination where the
sort order isn’t necessarily the same between renders
- Refactored images so that the template
image() function has access to the tag writer
These changes were made as part of migrating beesbuzz.biz over to Publ, which I’ve made a lot of progress on now.
It’s pretty nice getting my overall design proven out, and to shake out all the little bugs and misfeatures.
Hopefully soon I’ll have Publ in a state where I feel comfortable releasing it as beta.
Posted Saturday, May 12 at 12:35 PM (2 years ago)
I just released v0.1.12 which adds a couple of quick, minor-ish fixes to Unicode handling; in particular:
- UTF-8-containing headers no longer get MIME-mangled on first import
- I finally made the automatic slug text way better by switching to awesome-slugify
So, now it’s no longer US-English-centric, at least. Right now it just uses the defaults; at some point I’ll want to make it so that you can configure a site’s or entry’s language locale so that things work better on that end too.
Posted Thursday, May 10 at 7:06 PM (2 years ago)
I have now implemented the basic OpenGraph API to Publ, so now a template can generate an OpenGraph card with
So in theory when this entry gets autoposted to Twitter, this first paragraph should appear, as should the below image:
Anyway that’s what’s new in v0.1.11 (as well as a bunch of internal refactoring to support this addition).
Posted Wednesday, May 9 at 11:29 PM (2 years ago)
If you are reading this, it means that Publ v0.1.10 is out. This release is mostly about a few cleanups, such as:
- No longer nests a
<div> for an image gallery inside of a containing
<p> (which both fixes an HTML validation error and makes styling more controllable)
- Cleans up error handling somewhat
- Also cleans up a bunch of code for property caching
But there’s also a new feature, namely
view.range, which you can read about over in the API docs.
I am also making significant progress in porting my main website over to Publ and hopefully I’ll
have something to show for it soon. (And I promise it looks way nicer than this site!)
Posted Wednesday, April 25 at 11:28 PM (2 years ago)
Not a lot to say, just that
all my intended image rendition functions work now (historical note: this entry was back when the Publ site included the test suite, which is no longer the case).
I really need to stop dragging my feet on migrating beesbuzz.biz over, because there is
absolutely no excuse now.
Anyway, this ups the Publ version to 0.1.5. Have fun.